Maintenance & Warranty
MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FENESTRA WINDOWS AND BALCONY DOORS
1. GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR DETERMINING THE MAINTENANCE NEEDS
Maintenance needs of windows and balcony doors depends on the building they are installed to, nature of utilization, microclimate of rooms and environmental conditions prevailing in this area, including:
- quality of building design of the products
- height and form of the building
- overall dimensions, opening scheme and form of the products
- add-ons installed to the products additionally by the deliverer (e.g. venetian blinds, fresh air valves, locks, retainers etc)
- materials installed to the products or near the products by the client (e.g. curtains, blinds, room plants, heating elements etc)
- quality of installation works
- microclimate (temperature and relative humidity of air) in the rooms, heating and ventilation system of the building
- orientation of the building and the rooms in relation to the points of the compass
- location of the building (e.g. seashore, inland)
- average outdoor temperature and air humidity, amount of precipitation at the area
- period and direction of prevailing winds
- lenght and inclination of eaves
- pollution of the environment (e.g. dust, exhaust gases, insects)
- maintenance need is determined by regular inspection of the products
2. OPENING AND CLOSING OF FRAMES
NOTE! The hinges of openable frames must immediately be adjusted when their travel hindrance has been discovered!
Classification of window frames:
- ventilation frames
- frames to be opened for washing***
- fixed frames
It is recommended to open the ventilation frames, if necessary, only for additional ventilation of rooms. In case of strong wind or rain or snowfall the ventilation frames should not be opened.
If the area of ventilation frame exceeds 1 m2, additional retainers must be used to keep the window frame in the desired position. Do not let the airflow to “fling“ the frames. When closing the window frame it must be checked that the handle is in closed position. This ensures that all locks of the frame are closed.
3. WASHING OF GLASSES***
NOTE! Do not open the frames meant for washing for ventilating the rooms!
The frames opened for washing must be securely fixed and, if required, supported (width of the window 1500mm and above).
On interruption or completion of work the frames must be closed and it is to be checked whether all locks and latches foreseen for this purpose are locked.
For washing the glasses only detergents foreseen for this purpose should be used following the manufacturer’s instructions. The liquid that has run on the frames and casing must be dried. After carrying out the works, the frames must be fully closed.
Outer surfaces of the closed type windows must be washed from outside, using a secure method.
4. USING OF FRESH AIR VALVES (IN THE STANDARD “BIOBE”)
NOTE! When determining the position of the flap of a fresh air valve, the requirements prescribed in ventilation design documents of the building must be observed!
Adjustment of the flaps of fresh air valves: open position=knobs outwards, closed=knobs inwards. When the air flow is not sufficient, the dust filter and the gap passing through the product’s casing must be checked and, if necessary, cleaned. For this purpose, the fastening screws of the valve’s body must be loosened, the flap, valve’s body and dust filter removed, the filter cleaned and the valve re-installed to the window casing in the inversed order.
5. VENETIAN BLINDS
For the period of washing the glasses, maintaining the products etc., it is recommended either to remove the venetian blinds or fix them in the top position. Appropriate tools should be used to remove dust.
6. REPLACEMENT OF GLASSES AND MULTIPLE GLASS UNITS
NOTE! Recommend ordering this service from a glazing company or contacting the manufacturer!
7. DUST SEAL AND MAIN SEALS
A dust seal made of silicone (for primus and IOSU products) is located in the groove of the outer frame.
The seal is operational when the inner surface of the external glass is dry or dries out in 2-3 hours after opening in cold weather. Depending in the pollution level of the area, dust can settle on the window frame and insects can be found there.
The seals between the internal frame and the gasing (MSE AL and fenix products) can be checked by placing a paper sheet between them and, after closing the frame, by pulling the paper sheet towards yourself. When the sheet comes out easily, it indicates that sealing is missing; when the sheet comes out with difficulty, the sealing is operational. The hinges and locks of the inner frame must be adjusted so that the sealing would be ensured along the whole perimeter of the frame. When the seals get damaged or lost, they must be replaced.
8. WOODEN PARTS
The wooden parts of the wood/aluminium windows should be inspected at least once in 5 years.
Alkaline detergents are to be used for washing. When defects are discovered in paint coat or wood, they must be repaired with finishing materials foreseen for open air conditions. The defect area must be cleaned, spackled and painted.
9. ALUMINIUM PROFILES
The paintwork of aluminium profiles needs periodical cleaning from dust, soot and environmental pollution at least once in 5 years. To avoid scratching of the paintwork by dust particles, the dirty aluminium profiles must at first be cleaned with plenty of water and washed with neutral detergent. In case of anodized surface treatment it is to be observed with special care that no acid or alkaline liquids would run on profiles. Clean the drain openings of aluminium profiles at least once a year.
10. LOCKS, STRIP LATCHES AND HINGES
Lubricate at least once a year with lock oil. In case of fenix window the recommendations given by the ironmongery deliverer (siegenia) must be followed. In case of IOU balcony door the functionality of the position retainer must be checked.
We pay your attention to the fact that when windows and balcony doors are used in the conditions differing from normal (e.g. damp, unheated or basement rooms, special designs) the state of windows should be checked more often.
2 years for material and manufacturing defects and installation works carried out by Fenestra AS.
The warranty does not cover the defects and faults caused by:
- inexact data given by the client
- storage of products in the storage of Fenestra more that 30 days
- modification of the dimensions and shape of construction openings and/or installation method of windows/doors after the measurements and co-ordination by Fenestra’s representative
- braking of glasses, termostress and other mechanical damages
- rooms with excess moisture and without heating and ventilation (condensation water on the products’ parts)
- installation by the client or at its command that does not comply with the requirements
- hindrances in the travel of the frames due to the instability of the structural elements of the wall
- surface defects of the materials used in the product (e.g. scratches, squashes) that have appeared after the approval of the delivery note or works acceptance report
- incompleteness of products after the approval of the delivery note or works acceptance report
- ignoring the requirements listed in the installation/maintenance instructions.
The seller should be informed in writing about the defects and/or nonconformities discovered on receipt of the products (quantities, completeness, dimensions, divisions, paint tones, glazing, surface damages etc.) at the latest 7 days after the receipt of products or corresponding remarks to be made on the delivery note of goods or works acceptance report.
The claims sent later than this deadline are not taken into account.
NOTE! Fenestra AS reserves itself the right to modify the installation methods according to the conditions of particular project to ensure the conformity of the work quality to the building regulations and good engineering practice.
In case of any questions or problems please immediately contact the seller of the products of Fenestra AS that has concluded the contract with you or the quality manager.
+372 512 8269